Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Review: Roses of May

Roses of May Roses of May by Dot Hutchison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

While still dealing with the aftermath of The Butterfly Garden case, the team of FBI agents are now having to deal with a potential upcoming murder that is approaching as winter ends. Every spring, a killer chooses a young victim to kill. He's killed one every year for years. This year, the team juggles to keep an eye on the Butterfly victims and find the killer before he strikes again.

I really enjoyed this book. Personally, I thought it wasn't as good as the first book, but it was really good! I loved that the author added the previous case into the story. I always wonder what happens with books like that. How the victims turned out in the end. How they were able to cope after it was all said and done. This book portrays that beautifully.

The narrators were just as good in this book as they were the first. They know how to captivate an audience and keep their attention until the very end. They also know how to instill intense emotions in the reader as the story goes along. I'd definitely read more books narrated by them.

I fully recommend this book. I recommend that the reader reads The Butterfly Garden before reading this book though. There are things in the book that just won't make sense unless they do. I guess both books could be read as stand-alone novels if the reader could handle it, but to me it just makes sense to read them both and in order. I can't wait for the third book to be released next May!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment