Thursday, August 24, 2023

Review: The Queen's Poisoner

The Queen's Poisoner The Queen's Poisoner by Jeff Wheeler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Owen's family has done the unthinkable. They decide to betray the king. In doing so, their oldest son is killed for treason. If that wasn't bad enough, they are forced to give Owen to the king as his next hostage. While in the castle, he learns many dark secrets. He also learned that he had many in the castle who would do anything to protect him and keep him alive no matter what.

I really adored this book. I can't say that I was entranced from the very beginning. To do so would be a lie. It did take me awhile to get through. I'm glad I stuck with it. I adored this book. I adored the characters! I can hardly wait to dig into the next book. I may do so after this review!

The narrator as well! Wow she's amazing. I know I harp on a lot of narrators, but the ones who catch my attention really deserve it. And she really caught my attention. If I'm being honest, I think she's the reason I mainly decided to stick with this book when I found it a bit dull.

I fully recommend this book! It's a book full of fantasy. Plus it takes place surrounded by nobility. So there's that as well. Anyways, I'd stick with it at least a couple chapters. It may have a slow start, but it's worth it to keep on reading!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment