Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Review: The Family Chao

The Family Chao The Family Chao by Lan Samantha Chang
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Title: The Family Chao
Author: Lan Samantha Chang
Release Date: February 1st, 2022
Page Count: 321
Format: Audiobook
Start Date: July 13th, 2023
Finish Date: July 15th, 2023

Rating: 3 Stars

Review:

I was very underwhelmed with the first half of the book. There were important topics that I am glad didn't get glossed or sugar coated over. I think that's the biggest reason I chose to keep reading the book rather than set it down like I desperately wanted to many times. The second half got really interesting. I am really thankful that I managed to get through the slog of the first half just because of that. The amount of times I actually wanted to set this book down before I got to that point was very unnerving if I'm being honest. I'd love to see things several years down the road. I won't say specifically why because I don't want spoilers keeping people from reading this book, but there's some things I'd want full closure on. I want to see if things happened the way that the characters were convinced they were going to happen.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment