Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Review: The Gunslinger

The Gunslinger The Gunslinger by Stephen King
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Rowan is on a mission to find and bring down The Man In Black. Through this book we go through his journey and the people he meets along the way. Including his meeting Jake, And his learning to love the kid and wanting to protect him.

I really enjoyed this book! I have to be honest, I watched the movie before I read the book. I loved the movie, but I'm so glad that I took the time to actually listen to the book as well. I can't wait to read the rest of this series. I have a feeling I'll be going through a wild ride! The only criticism I have is the over usage of names when they could have been replaced in some instances with he/she.

The narrator of this book was amazing. He definitely knows how to draw an audience in and does so well. I loved how he gave the characters such fitting personalities. It made me enjoy the book even more!

Of course, I fully recommend this book. I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the books. I hadn't had access to the books before now. I'm so glad that I finally managed to get access to it and I will be finding a way to get ahold of physical copies of the book as well to go back and actually reading them.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment