Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Review: His Majesty's Dragon

His Majesty's Dragon His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Title: His Majesty's Dragon
Author: Naomi Novik
Release Date: March 28th, 2006
Page Count: 384
Start Date: September 12th, 2022
Finish Date: September 22nd, 2022

Review:
Story: I really enjoyed this book very much. I can't say that I was in love with it in all honesty. I also had to restart it a few times because I wasn't really retaining anything. I'm not sure if that's because of the narration or the story itself. I'll have to listen to something else by the narrator and go back and actually read this book. Novik has written another book that I enjoyed very much. That didn't dawn on me until I was prepping to write the review. I am looking forward to give the rest of the series a chance. Somebody very important to me really loves this book.
Characters: I didn't retain enough names to fully give a solid review here. I don't think it would be helpful where I'm like "That one guy was really amazing. He was so humble and kind." and so on. There were some very trustworthy and humble and kind. I wanted to root for them every step of the way. There were also ones that you just kind of wanted to force to leave the story!
Critiques: None that I can think of.
Narration: I really loved the narrators accent. It was very prim and proper. I think his voice was just a bit too soothing for me. I could see myself using this audiobook to fall asleep if I'm being honest. Please note that is about the soothing sounds of his voice. I am not saying that he's boring.
Final Thoughts: I really did enjoy this book. Even though I wasn't in love with it from page one, it was a very intriguing story. I think part of my problem was that I was trying to push myself through in a certain amount of time if I'm being completely honest. Next time I read it, I'll take my time through it. I do recommend everybody who is into this genre to give this book a chance.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment