Thursday, June 17, 2021

Review: Untamed

Untamed Untamed by P.C. Cast
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I just finished reading Untamed by P.C. and Kristin Cast. It takes place in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It is the fourth book in the House Of Night series. In this book, Zoey's friends are mad at her because they discover she has been hiding things from them. They were not aware that she was doing it to protect them because they were completely left in the dark. Aphrodite still has visions even though she's been recently turned into a human while healing Stevie Rae. She has visions of Zoey dying and the world ending. Together they must get her group back on speaking terms and stop Neferet from the evil she's planning before it's too late.

I've loved this series from the second I read it the first time. It's funny, refreshing, and thrilling all at the same time. This book was one of the saddest of all the series for me. That's kind of one of the biggest reasons I love this series so much. It has a way of making you feel what the characters are feeling. There are some parts that are absolutely suspenseful, and others that are light and funny.

There were a few things that I started picking up on that I didn't really like so much. For instance, they seem to have an inconsistency with the element air. I think they should pick one and stick with it. If they want to say wind, they should say wind every time they invoke the element. Same if they choose air. The second problem I have with this series is the constant use of “bullpoopy”. I know this is kind of petty but it just sounds so vulgar. The words she consider cuss words are less vulgar than that.

All in all though, I love this series. It's one of my favorite series of all times. I would fully recommend it to anybody who's into this kind of series. Think of it like teenage vampire series meets Harry Potter. It's mostly targeted at the teenage audience, but I think that there are many adults who will enjoy reading this as well. I know I do.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment