Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Review: Chosen

Chosen Chosen by P.C. Cast
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Chosen is the third book in the House of Night series. It is written by P.C and Kristin Cast. Zoey uncovers a secret that throws her world upside down. The worst part about it is that she can't share it with her friends. If she does, she will put them in danger. She struggles to find a way to fix the problem that she uncovered as well as the messes she's gotten herself into. Can she do it and remain in one piece? Will she find a way to tell her friends before it's too late and they find out and turn their backs on her?

This was an emotionally ripping book. I really enjoyed reading it. I can easily say that this entire series is one of my favorite series of all times. It's not just about the story itself. It's about the underlying messages that all these books seem to carry with them. I also love the play of good and evil. It's like they are making it simply what it really is. Good versus evil.

I do notice some inconsistencies with the books though. There are a few times that names get used when other names were supposed to be used. If you actually follow the book well enough though, you'll be able to know who they are talking about anyways. I may have an older version of the book. For all I know, they could have already caught and fixed these mistakes. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong with this book or this series.

I do fully recommend this book. I would have to say it's more for the young adult paranormal readers. I have always preferred series opposed to stand-alones. This is definitely a great series to dig into. I'm glad that I was given the opportunity to enjoy and read it. I can't wait to read it to the very end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment