Saturday, May 9, 2020

Review: Einstein's Compass

Einstein's Compass Einstein's Compass by Grace Allison Blair
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Albert is given a wonderful gift when he's young. This gift can help him travel through time and space. It helps him collect very important data he needs for his scientific research. What he doesn't know is that evil is lurking about. They want the compass in which he has possession of. They will stop it at nothing to get this compass from him. They will take down whoever they need to get the compass. Including Albert.
This book really drug my emotions through the rocks. I can't even. There were so many sad parts. Then there were parts that made me angry. Then there were parts where I was at the edge of my seat trying to figure out what was going on! It was all over the place. It was intense. It was thrilling. I loved every minute of it. I find that the very idea behind the story was brilliant. I get that it's actually based on Albert Einstein. I think that's what adds to the allure of the story for me in my opinion.
This book was narrated by Curt Bonnem. As if my emotions weren't already in the raw as it was. He had to go intensify them by intensifying his voice in all the right moments! I don't think it's fair! He has a pretty impressive library that he's narrated. This is the first book that I've listened to by him. It's not going to be my last. Not by any means. He has some amazing talent.
I gave this some time to let my emotions settle. It was for the best. It's a great book. I'm not going to lie, the book could have been expanded a bit. It could have had a lot more scenes added to it in all truth. Most of the story could have been told more about Einstein's point of view so that we could see the beauty of his genius. Or his points of view could have been added to more and the other points of view stayed the same. Either way, I enjoyed it very much.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment