Saturday, March 12, 2022

Review: Greetings from Tucson: A collection of letters between sisters

Greetings from Tucson: A collection of letters between sisters Greetings from Tucson: A collection of letters between sisters by Cherie L. Genua
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Title: Greetings From Tucson

Author: Cherie L. Genua

Release Date: December 11th, 2021

Page Count: 330

Start Date: March 7th, 2022

Finish Date: March 12th, 2022

Review:

Story: This story was just so beautiful and emotionally raw. It hit me in my feels. I cried. I’m not a person that cries really easy. So I hope this tells you something! The fact that it’s based on a real person and her sisters just makes it all that much more better. I’m so blessed that I was given a chance to read this book. It’s really touched me in ways I can’t explain. It will stick with me for a long time.

Characters: We follow four sisters through their life after a tragic event. Two in Connecticut (Cookie and Frankie) and two in Arizona (Connie and Dottie). In a way, I connected with all four of them. More Dottie than any of them. that doesn’t take place until later in the story though.

Critiques: Nothing. I mean I could be cheeky and say that this should come with a warning that tissues are needed. I’m still kind of teary eyed!

Narration: N/A

Final Thoughts: I really do think that this book will stick with me for a long time. I’m so tempted to go do research on the person that this book was based on. I’d love to see this turned into a movie. I was getting so many Little Women and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants vibes from this. I fully recommend it. As long as you are prepared to be hit in the feels by such an amazingly beautiful story. I’d give it a thousand stars if I could.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment