Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Review: Visible Empire

Visible Empire Visible Empire by Hannah Pittard
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

About: This is a story loosely based on a plane crash in Paris in 1962. The story follows the loved ones of the victims in the aftermath.
Plot: The story got really good in the second half. The first half seemed to drag. I also didn't understand how the story even resembled being related to the plane accident. It was referenced once at the beginning of the book and that's it. There were also two characters in the book who I don't understand their purpose in the book at all. They were little more than page fillers in my opinion.
Characters: I couldn't relate to or connect with many of the characters in the story. The only two I found I connected with were Piedmont and Lily. They were both very intelligent and not given enough credit for their character at all.
Suggestions: If a book is to be written centered around an airplane crash, then it should be referenced more than once in the book.
Recommend: I would recommend it. Especially for those who love historical events.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment