Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Review: So Others May Live

So Others May Live So Others May Live by Lee Hutch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

War changes everything and everyone. It brings some people together, and it tears some people apart. One gentleman confesses his love to his girl and proposes to her. Another man meets a woman who may put him and herself in danger. The war will change life as everybody knows it. Especially for these four.

I really did not enjoy the beginning. I was getting very confused. I couldn't keep up. I wound up having to restart it. Once I did, it all came into place. This is a very deep and touching read. I am very glad that I took the time to give it a listen. I also adore the cover of the book very much. It is very obvious it's a historical war book.

Between reviewing this a few days after I finished and the book being very fast-paced, I am having trouble remembering the characters' names. This isn't a jab at the writing being unmemorable. I just have a lot going on. I do know that the women's backstories were absolutely heartbreaking. It's amazing how much happened back then that is similar to things that happen now.

This book was narrated by Siobhan Dowd. She did a pretty amazing job. Once I got adapted to the story, I was able to enjoy her unique narration. This is the very first book I've listened to by her, but I am definitely willing to listen to other books she narrates. I'll have to do the research to find out some of the titles she's narrated.

I didn't think I'd love this book at first, but once I got into it, I started enjoying it a lot more. It was a very emotionally gripping book. It definitely makes you think about some things. I'd definitely be willing to listen to this book again. Maybe not anytime soon, but one day in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment